The Macie S3 bucket sensitivity score reflects Automated Sensitive Data Discovery activities that Macie preforms for the bucket, which uses sampling techniques to run automated daily queries on samples of your data. This means that the heat map does not reflect Sensitive Data Discovery Jobs that you've created and run. Therefore, the heat map does not reflect jobs from managed data identifiers that are explicitly selected or custom data identifiers.
The heat map updates daily and the exact time can be viewed in your Macie dashboard under the “S3 buckets” tab.
Hope this answers your question!
Additionally, here are some resources you can explore more in depth on Automated Data Discovery and the Heat Map:
- asked 4 years ago
- asked 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 6 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 3 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- EXPERTpublished 5 months ago
- EXPERTpublished 3 months ago