You may encounter an issue when it comes down to SSL. You will have an alias record in a route53 zone which points to a cloudfront distrubtion. The problem is that you will need to create an alternate domain name on the distrubtion. You cant use an alternate domain name on more than one distrubtion.
Im curious to why you would want to have a DNS Name that points to 2 distrubtion's which is a global service?
- Is it possible to secure my website using an SSL certificate from AWS Certificate Manager if my website is not hosted on AWS?Accepted Answerasked 6 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 10 months ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- AWS OFFICIALUpdated a year ago
- I can use my application from a custom origin (EC2 instance or load balancer), but it fails on CloudFront. Why?AWS OFFICIALUpdated 2 years ago
- EXPERTpublished 4 months ago