The AMI contains Windows Server Core Install : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh846323(v=vs.85).aspx, so seeing only Command Prompt is expected.
By default the network services are disabled on SQL Server. Need to restart network services to be able to reach SQL Server (port 1443) from outside server.
Following is the way to enable the networking service:
- Use netstat -a -b to verify port 1433 is not LISTENING
- Run C:\Windows\SysWOW64\SQLServerManager12.msc from cmd.exe to open SQL Server 2014 Configuration Manager
- Follow Steps in Microsoft Article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/database-engine/configure-windows/enable-or-disable-a-server-network-protocol?view=sql-server-2017 to check the network status, enable, and restart SQL Server
- After SQL Server restart, check for port status using netstat -a -b
- Should be able to connect from other servers after that, off course assuming the port is allowed.
Hope this helps.
Perfect response! Thank you so much. That's very helpful.
Is there a set of default credentials for remote server management?
I can telnet to the port 1433 and that responds so I know the server is running. I'm not able to figure out the default credentials using the remote management server tool so I can't log in to begin adding databases, etc.
Windows password not workingasked 9 months ago
Windows Server "Password is not available"Accepted Answerasked a year ago
How to change default Windows resolution? (Autologon resolution without active rdp session, e.g. for UI test automation with selenium)asked 9 months ago
Can't connect to SQL Server 2014 Express AMIAccepted Answerasked 4 years ago
Can I use Private AMI to create a base image for Appstream application ?asked 3 years ago
I am trying to log in through the Cognito hosted UI. I don't see such a function in the example, what should I do?Accepted Answerasked 5 months ago
Why can I not RDP into my Windows EC2asked a year ago
I've lost my private key. How can I connect to my Window instance?asked 2 months ago
Not able to connect ssh which i have created vm from the existing AMIAccepted Answerasked 16 days ago
Having trouble with RDP Into Instanceasked 2 years ago